Sunday, November 5, 2017


This ad will soon run in two of my favorite publications; Your Genealogy Today and Internet Genealogy. I would like to explain what this ad entails regarding my searches. The last several years have a been a boon for accessing Irish genealogical records online. 

The four main records sources available to search are: civil registration records beginning in 1864(and 1845 for non-Catholic weddings), 1901 and 1911 Irish census returns, Catholic parish registers through 1881(and then some since the IFHF database does exceed those years in some localities) and the Griffith’s Valuation from 1848-1864. These can all be searched online from my home in Nebraska.


$25 will buy you my expert examination of these records along with checks of Ancestry.com, FamilySearch.org and FindMyPast.com I can’t promise I will find the answers you are seeking. If your ancestors or their collateral relations can be identified in the above records, the likelihood of determining the parish or townland of origin is very likely. This service will not likely identify place of origin for those with immigrants who came to North America well before 1840. 

No comments:

Post a Comment